7.12.2009

EAGLE TWIN TOUR NOTES DAY 11





DAY 11


2nd to last show, in Michigan. An email that I've just sent reads something like this:

There is so much fog from the three fog machines which Sunn O))) deploys every night that I can't see the keyboard of this laptop. they are playing right now, it is so loud that the screen seems blurry with certain notes. I miss you. I am very very tired, we slept in the van last night in a truck stop in Gary, Indiana. I woke up at 8 and began driving. The van is not running so well, the transmission has been slipping and there is a knock coming from the rear right hub...

Feel as though I am at last getting the hang of this tour, the routines and the difficult to navigate fields of interpersonal relationships. Really though, the tour as a whole is going very very smoothly, all of us loading and unloading together without more than the usual complaint, and generally everyone is getting along very well. It has been a very peculiar adjustment, this tour, from my previous experiences: I am at the bottom of the totem pole, the merch-slinger. Although it is a relief to have nothing at stake in most aspects of this trip, often times I feel as though that I should.

I have felt strangely the whole trip. It is the first tour on which I've ever been where I don't feel like I am away from home. I feel I am simply just away. From what I don't know.



www.cityweekly.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home